Planning a custom tour to Africa can seem like quite a daunting task at first. Where do we go? How long do we spend in each destination? What will we see? What time of year is best? How do we get form point A to point B?
Thats where we step in to assist you in planning a custom tour to Africa.
Our team of experienced tour planners will work with you to build a custom travel plan tailored to the destinations you would like to visit, the amount of time you’d like to travel for, your group size and of course, your budget.
What is a custom tour?
Whilst there are many great examples of travel itineraries which generally combine the most popular attractions in a region, there will never be a package which has the ideal duration, combination of destinations or price that suits everyone. We will work with you to customize everything from the price and level of accommodation, to the destination and areas to visit in order to maximize the potential to see and experience as much as possible.
How it works?
Its pretty simple really, all we need to get the ball rolling is a little bit of information form you around your needs and wants. This quick enquiry form contains some of the most important questions we need answered in order to start formulating an idea of what sort of areas and camps would best suite your needs. One of our experienced and friendly consultants will then reach out to you with some initial suggestions and work closely with you to refine the itinerary to suite your specific needs.
What exactly is the difference between a custom tour and a scheduled safari?
You may have noticed that we have a number of scheduled tours on offer. These are set departures which:
- Run over predetermined dates (carefully chosen to provide guests with the best possible experience)
- Cater for between 3 and 12 guests per departure
- Are hosted by a Wild Eye Tour and Expedition leader
- Provide guests with photographic tuition and guidance as part of the safari package
- Are mostly costed on a single basis (1 guest in their own room)
A custom tour on the other hand gives you complete flexibility over the camps, time spent in a particular area, travel dates and is not hosted by one of our guides. However, if you like the idea of having the flexibility of travel dates and destinations and would like to have one of our guides accompany you on your safari, this would be considered a Private Guided Safari Experience.
When booking with us guests enjoy the following benefits:
- Important travel documents, E-Tickets, day-by-day itinerary and weather forecasts are all accessible on your phone via our app
- From the moment you start planning your private safari until you say goodbye I will be there with you every step of the way to make sure you don’t have to worry about anything other than enjoying your nature and wildlife experience
- Whether you are traveling to different destinations or you are returning for a second or third safari the continuity from centralising all of your travel plans ensures that your safari runs smoothly from start to finish
- We will work with you to customise everything from the level of accommodation to the destination and areas to visit in order to maximise the potential to see and experience as much as possible
Who will benefit from a custom tour?
Custom tours are ideal for guests who have little or no interest in photography, prefer not to travel within a group, and prefer to have more flexibility in general. Couple this with the vast experience, support and expansive network of our team and you simply cannot go wrong!
Why are our guests selecting a custom tour?
We generally have two types of travellers making use of our Cutsom Tour services.
The first are those who have chosen to begin their adventure one of our scheduled tours, extending their time on safari by combining this with a custom tour. One point of contact throughout the planning phases, one point of payment and most importantly, one point of contact should you ever have any questions or experience any difficulties during your travels.
The second are those who have little or no interest in photography but want to draw on our vast, first hand experience and supplier network in order to ensure that they experience the very best that Africa has to offer.
Don't Take Our Word For It, Hear What Our Customers Say...
We exist to change the way that people see the world, here's what our guests have to say:
Now its your Turn...