Dear Wild Eye Guest,
As part of our ongoing efforts to manage the affect that the Covid-19 pandemic has had on our business, and indeed on the global Wild Eye community at large, we have put certain measures in place to ensure the security of trips that have been, or may continue to be, directly affected by international travel restrictions and strict lockdown regulations.
Whilst we would all like to imagine that the ramifications of this pandemic would not be as far reaching as the latter half of 2020, the reality is that the situation is ever-evolving, and we are unable to provide answers, with any degree of certainty at this stage, on the extent to which the remainder of our 2020 safari season would be affected (see postponement and cancellation policy below).
To ease the future effects of such uncertainty, for 2021 safari’s and beyond, we would like to highlight the following relief measures:
Reduced Deposit Payments
For any new bookings as of 01st May 2020, on any of our 2021 safari’s, Wild Eye is offering a 15% reduction in deposit payment to secure your safari, from 50% to a minimum 35%.
Increased Deposit Incentive
For guests who wish to continue paying the standard 50% deposit upon booking, the following incentive would apply:
- 35% minimum deposit to secure [No future discount applied]
- 50% deposit – 15% of deposit value off of final payment due for Masai Mara safari's, and 10% of deposit value off of final payment due for all other Scheduled Departure safari's, as per the payment plan outlined below.
Further relief would be provided with the institution of a three, and two-stage payment plan respectively:
- 35% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your safari
- 30% middle payment to be determined by period between booking and commencement of safari
- 35% payment 60 days out from the departure date of your safari
- 50% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your safari
- Balance payment of 50%, 60 days out from the departure date of your safari, minus either 10% or 15% discount (safari dependent) on the deposit value, as above.
For any new bookings as of 01st May 2020, up until the 31st December 2020, on any of our 2022 & 2023 safari’s, Wild Eye is offering a 25% reduction in deposit payment to secure your safari, from 50% to 25%.
For 2022 or 2023 bookings, the following four-stage payment plan would apply:
- 25% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your safari
- 25% payment 1 year from the commencement date of your safari
- 25% payment 6 months prior to the commencement date of your safari
- 25% payment 60 days out from the departure date of the safari
Covid-19 postponement and cancellation policy
If at any stage a particular safari itinerary cannot go ahead directly attributable to travel restrictions and / or continued Covid-19 risk, and Wild Eye therefore decides to postpone the itinerary, the associated deposit payment will automatically be shifted forward to a future dated itinerary, and your space on the new itinerary secured.
Should the future date(s) of the new itinerary not suit the traveler, Wild Eye would be willing to ring-fence the deposit value and redeploy onto any other Wild Eye departure of your choice (T’s & C’s per itinerary would apply).
Any decision taken by a guest to cancel or postpone safari itineraries that have not been explicitly postponed or cancelled by Wild Eye due either to the risk of, or restrictions on travel associated with Covid-19, would result in the loss of the deposit value as a standard cancellation fee.
We trust that these new relief measures will continue to encourage people to book and travel on safari with Wild Eye post Covid-19 restrictions, and allow our team to continue changing the way our guests see the world!
Business Development Manager