Having just returned from this tour that takes you to two of the icons of Kenya, The Masai Mara and Amboseli, this is my trip report where you can get an idea of what to expect on this incredible experience.
In this video below, I talk you through the trip as well as share some of our highlights that we were able to capture during our safari.
Guest images of Amboseli & The Masai Mara
So much took place on this Safari, to the point that the photos and videos simply do not do it any justice. We were simply blown away, EVERY SINGLE day and that is what you can expect when travelling to these two icons.
On a day to day basis, this is what you can expect from an itinerary point of view:
Day 1 Arrival in Nairobi, and overnight at Four Points Sheraton Hotel
Day 2 Flight from Nairobi to Mara Olare Conservancy, check-in Kicheche Bush Camp
Day 3 – 6 Full days exploring the Mara Olare Conservancy, based at Kicheche Bush Camp
Day 7 Inter-camp transfer from Mara North to Naibosho conservancy, check in Kicheche Valley Camp
Day 8 – 9 Full days exploring the Mara Naibosho Conservancy, based at Kicheche Valley Camp
Day 10 Flight from Kicheche to Amboseli, check-in Amboseli Tortillas Camp
Day 11 – 12 Full days exploring the private concession of Amboseli Tortillas Camp
Day 13 Flight from Amboseli to Nairobi, transfer from Wilson airport to JKIA, marking the end of this tour.
- 5 nights Kicheche Bush Camp (Mara Olare Conservancy)
- 3 nights Kicheche Valley Camp (Mara Naibosho Conservancy)
- 3 nights Tortilis Camp, Amboseli (Private concession)
- 1 night Nairobi accommodation
- 1 Wild Eye photographic guide plus local guide
- Photographic and post processing tuition
- Accommodation on a single basis
- Private vehicle for the duration of the tour
- All Internal flights including extra luggage
- All meals and house drinks
- All park fees and conservation levies
- Passport and visa costs (if applicable)
- Staff gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- International flights to and from Nairobi, Kenya
- Day room in Nairobi on last day ($105 per room)
Join us in February next year!
With only 3 guests, and private conservancies throughout your stay, this tour offers true exclusivity in two of East Africa's most iconic wildlife reserves.
From the famed ‘big tuskers’ in Amboseli with the magnificent backdrop of Kilimanjaro, to the predator rich Mara Olare and Naibosho conservancies, photographic opportunities will be plentiful upon this safari.