As part of our ongoing efforts to manage the affect that the Covid-19 pandemic has had on our business, and indeed on the global Wild Eye community at large, we have put certain measures in place to ensure the security of trips that have been, or may continue to be directly affected by international travel restrictions and lockdown regulations.
The feedback and messages of support that we have received from guests who we have assisted in successfully postponing their travels has been overwhelming. Many of them took the time to leave reviews on TripAdvisor.
In addition, to ease the future effects of such uncertainty, for 2021 safari’s and beyond, we would like to highlight the following relief measures:
- 50% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your tour/safari.
- Balance payment of 50%, 60 days out from the departure date of the tour/safari, minus either 10% or 15% discount on deposit value depending on the departure (see above).
For any new bookings on any of our 2022 safari or tours, Wild Eye is offering a further incentive by means of a 25% reduction in deposit payment to secure your safari, from 50% to 25%.
In addition, for 2022 or 2023 bookings, the following four-stage payment plan would apply:
- 25% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your tour/safari.
- 25% payment 1 year from the commencement date of your tour/safari.
- 25% payment 6 months prior to the commencement date of your tour/safari.
- 25% payment 60 days out from the departure date of the tour/safari.
*Exceptions to the above payment plans will be highlighted upon booking of trips that include specific wildlife permits (Gorilla trekking), or where an operator insists on a higher percentage deposit than that which is stated above.
- 35% deposit payment to secure within two weeks of booking your tour/safari.
- 30% middle payment to be determined by period between booking and commencement of safari.
- 35% payment 60 days out from the departure date of the tour/safari.
Increased Deposit Incentive
For guests who wish to continue paying the standard 50% deposit upon booking, we would offer a “cash back discount” on payment of the final instalment.
- For all scheduled tours (excluding off peak safaris to the Wild Eye Mara Camp) guests would receive 10% off, their final deposit value. A total discount of 5%.
- For all Peak Season Safaris to the Wild Eye Mara Camp guests would receive 15% off their final deposit value. A total discount of 7.5%
eg: The total cost of a scheduled tour is $10 000 and a guest opts to confirm the tour with a 50% deposit. The initial deposit required is $ 5 000 with a remaining balance of $5 000 due 60 days prior to the date of travel. The guest will receive 10% off the final payment amount of $5 000 equating to a saving of $500 and a balance of $4 500 payable 60 days prior to departure. The total cost of the safari equates to $9 500, an overall discount of 5%.
Covid-19 postponement and cancellation policy
If at any stage a particular safari itinerary cannot go ahead directly attributable to travel restrictions and/or continued Covid-19 risk, and Wild Eye therefore decides to postpone the itinerary, the associated deposit payment will automatically be shifted forward to a future dated itinerary, and your space on the new itinerary secured.
Should the future date of the new itinerary not suit the traveler, Wild Eye would be willing to ring-fence the deposit value and redeploy onto any other Wild Eye departure of your choice (Terms and conditions per itinerary would apply).
Any decision taken by a guest to cancel or postpone safari itineraries that have not been explicitly postponed or cancelled by Wild Eye due either to the risk of, or restrictions on travel associated with Covid-19, would result in the loss of the minimum deposit as a standard cancellation fee, but we would work together with the operators and the guest to alleviate financial implications on a case by case basis.
We trust that these new relief measures will continue to encourage people to book and travel with Wild Eye post Covid-19 restrictions and allow our team to continue changing the way our guests see the world!
While we recognize all travel insurance is limited in respect to coverage for Covid-19, most postponed trips will be covered by the guests initial travel insurance with some adjustments. Please let us know should you need a letter for your travel insurance company, stating that your trip has been postponed and monies transferred across to the new trip.
Sufficient travel insurance cover for cancellations or medical emergencies, and expatriation is absolutely essential in fully protecting your holiday investment. Most reputable travel insurance agents are now offering quarantine cover and medical cover for COVID-19. Please remember to buy “Cancellation for any reason”insurance.
Regrettably, we are not permitted to offer travel insurance directly but can recommend the following organizations:
1EarthTravelProtection – recommended by top lodges in Africa, including Singita.
USA-Assist – they have a very easy user-friendly platform and lots of packages to suit various needs.